Summer 2017 Internship Position
POSITION: Gallery Intern
LENGTH: Approximately April 12 to August 12, 2017 (4 months)
ABOUT THE GALLERY:
Founded in 2013, Studio Sixty Six is an Ottawa art gallery devoted to showcasing emerging artists from in and around the Ottawa area and across Canada. We focus on diverse solo shows to help budding artists launch and develop their artistic careers. As part of our art gallery’s program we provide art lovers, art collectors, and designers with the opportunity to access the best new emerging artists' work for sale.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Marketing: assistance of Gallery Manager to advertise and market exhibitions via various digital platforms as well as dispersal of print invitations
- Gallery Maintenance: Painting, patching gallery walls, installation and deinstallation of artwork, various other assistance as needed
- Events: assistance at exhibition openings and special events
- Gallery administration: Invoicing, spreadsheets, scheduling, records management, answering general queries, monitoring of general email account
- With a small staff and intimate work space, we provide a unique opportunity for a student or young professional to be involved in the day to day tasks of an art gallery
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a small team
- Computer literacy is required, including proven skills of Microsoft Office, Excel
- Experience with social networking platforms required
- Must have an appreciation of the arts
- Design experience including use of Adobe Creative Suite considered an asset
- An academic background in Museum Studies, Studio Art and/or Art History or Marketing considered an asset
- Bilingualism (French) considered an asset
- 8 to 10 hours per week to be run from April 12 - August 12, 2017. Specific dates to be decided as per Intern and Gallery Manager schedules.
This position is non-remunerated, however interns are eligible for paid commission of any artwork sold by them. This position can also be used for school credit pending school specifications and approval.
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: Rose Ekins, Gallery Manager & Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org